Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sermons on Job

I am working on a sermon series called, "No Matter What?" that follows the lectionary readings in the Book of Job. The messages are: "Seeking God, No Matter What," "Encountering God, No Matter What," and "Thanking God, No Matter What."

This text can be challenging to engage and it is doubly so given the current state of our world and the recent news that brings grief to our congregation. I covet prayer as I prepare to preach God's great good news in the midst of suffering.

No matter what?
I'm supposed to seek God, no matter what
I'm supposed to find God, no matter what
I'm supposed to thank God, no matter what
It's difficult to see in the midst of what
GODISNOWHERE
seeing the forest of hope through the trees of what
hearing the voice of love through the din of hate
tasting the breath of life in the stew of death
GOD IS NOW HERE
No matter what!

No comments: