Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's Sunday...

It's Sunday morning once again. Today our Sunday school lesson will talk about how we can be better at being the church in our community. What can each person do to use their particular gifts and graces to help advance the message of Jesus Christ? That seems appropriate for this week as we go into Annual Conference.

My sermon this morning is about prayer and how we should always be in prayer for others. Jesus prayed for us in the garden; we should pray for others - when they know it and when they don't. Prayer is our conversation with God. It is so vital to our spiritual health to be in conversation with God. Again, appropriate as we go to Annual Conference.

This year's Conference is especially important for me. On Wednesday evening I will be ordained and set apart as an elder in full connection with the Church. Wow! What an honor and privilege. I am in awe going into this and I am so pleased that God chose me to be God's servant! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: